Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 11:43

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Just Cause
PostPosted: 22 Sep 2006, 11:45 

I just heard on the Gamefaqs boards that the full game still doesnt have widescreen support and doesnt offer higher resolutions than 1600x1200. I really cant believe such a game like this is being released like that. I was so excited to play this game at 2560x1600, imagine that! I dont know, the last hope would be that Avalanche releases a patch unless someone figures a way to enable that. Im truly disappointed, this sucks.

Edit: Btw, i really didn't think this was going to happen because if you guys take a look at the screenshots at ign.com, some of them are widescreen. So, who knows, there is an alternative way or something.

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2006, 12:08 

Hi Ruaviator,

Just edit the file "settings.txt" and set "pc_video_screen_resolution" to whatever you desire.

Please note: I do not know if the game sets the proper FOV yet, but in any case I am pretty sure that you can NOT change it manually.

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2006, 12:12 

Well, i tried that with the demo and another guy at the gamefaqs board tried that with the full version and still doesn't work. It seems that those resolutions are locked and there is no way to enable custom resolutions. Have u tried by yourself and it worked?

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2006, 12:12 

Well, for a start - the "game config" app doesnt allow you to select widescreen resolutions, im about to go ingame and see if you can select one in there...

Nope, no selection for WS, going to try the config edit suggested now.

ok, it appears to stretch, im running 2 monitors at the moment - the funny thing is, when i was playing it showed up fine on my left monitor and didnt appear to be stretched, but when i take a screenshot it shows it as a regular 4:3 image on the left monitor.

Screenshot:

http://www.oscwork.com/justcause.jpg

Edited by Paddywak : I removed the IMG code ... Please use thumbnails or reduce the size of your screenshots. Screenshots that are so big make it a bit of a pain to read the posts as you have to scroll left and right.

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2006, 12:28 

Hmm, so still no way to enable custom resolutions. Well, my only hope is that the same procedure that was done with Need for Speed Most Wanted and some other games to enable custom resolutions that the game doesnt support by standard is gonna happen with this game. Fingers crossed. :D

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2006, 12:40 

Ive found out its perfect on widescreen, just wont take screenshots properly - i edited the settings to 1440*900 (even though it worked the same with 1280*1024 selected) and got a photo of it, so you can compare WS to 4:3 above.

Photo:

Graphics are really nice and require hardly any processing power, most of its bloom to be honest, but it looks fancy.

Gameplay, im not too impressed so far - its a little too arcade for me, and a rather obvious console port, but ive only played the intro bit really.

Post subject: Art Money
PostPosted: 22 Sep 2006, 22:30 

K guys i got it working with Art Money

i followed this http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/#comment- how to use Art Money Tutorial to the T except in NFS you could change the res in game and for Just Cause you have to shut the game down and restart it. so after you do everything in the tutorial and you click save at the end of it youll click the just cause running at the bottom of your screen except for me i had a black bar running thru the middle of my screen so all i did was exit to the menu reloaded my save and voila black bar gone and running at 1440x900
and believe me you know when your running in your monitors native res.
next time you want to play the game just follow the instructions like it says and itll take just a couple minutes to get back to playing at your native res and not near the amount of time it took the first time. good luck guys i really hope this helped and if your patient and just follow that tutorial to the T you should be GTG. :D

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2006, 09:31 
Editors
Editors

Great news ... :D
Do you get any more width FOV or is it just the native res that you get ?
Could you post a couple of screenshots from the same place in the game ... one at 4:3 and one in widescreen ?

Thanks ... 8)

Post subject: Re: Art Money
PostPosted: 24 Sep 2006, 17:03 
Editors
Editors

K guys i got it working with Art Money

i followed this http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/#comment- how to use Art Money Tutorial to the T except in NFS you could change the res in game and for Just Cause you have to shut the game down and restart it. so after you do everything in the tutorial and you click save at the end of it youll click the just cause running at the bottom of your screen except for me i had a black bar running thru the middle of my screen so all i did was exit to the menu reloaded my save and voila black bar gone and running at 1440x900
and believe me you know when your running in your monitors native res.
next time you want to play the game just follow the instructions like it says and itll take just a couple minutes to get back to playing at your native res and not near the amount of time it took the first time. good luck guys i really hope this helped and if your patient and just follow that tutorial to the T you should be GTG. :D

Just tried this myself and he's 100% correct, the game looks beautiful.

Having to exit the game every time is a bit of a pain, but no problem really. When you maximise back in for the last time, like he said, the screen is completly messed up. I had some kind of white blob. Just load/ start a new game and it's all fine again.

Here's a screenshot - CLICK HERE

And here's a quick video of the start of the game ... CLICK HERE

Awesome!

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2006, 17:09 
Editors
Editors

So ...

Great news ... :D
Do you get any more width FOV or is it just the native res that you get ?
Could you post a couple of screenshots from the same place in the game ... one at 4:3 and one in widescreen ?

Thanks ... 8)

BTW ... welcome to the WSGF ... eZ` ... 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next