Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 12 Aug 2024, 09:41

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2007, 04:34 

Welcome all!

I recently took the plunge and bought a TH2G

So as going thru some of my reciently purchased games I tried out darwinia. It turns out that it natively supports all of the TH2G resolutions and the game works flawlessly. A great example of how a game should play on the TH2G!

I'm not sure if this is the right place to be posting these pictures, and the Master Games List should be updated as well.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2007, 05:23 
Insiders
Insiders

Is this the boxed version, or the Steam version?

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2007, 14:12 

Sorry, its the steam version.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2007, 16:35 
Editors
Editors

Hey Tecno the links to the pics no longer work .. :(
Also please enter our Poll and give us your thoughts on the TH2G (if you haven't already) here ... http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/7187

Ta ... 8)

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2007, 16:42 

Sorry about the unreliable host, its shared with a friend. A lot of work has gotten it to be somewhat reliable. But still far from 100%

I see the pics now so maybe it was just a quick glitch.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2007, 17:33 
Founder
Founder

Amazing. Can you do a comparison set for TH2Go and a 4:3. I'd love to add them here:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/screenshots/

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2007, 01:48 

A full list of the resolutions available.

Post subject: Something else
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2007, 01:55 

A lot of people don't give the TH2G a second thought because it is an analog input. But I have to say that my screen has been crystal clear since I have had it.

For those of you who do not know, when you switch to a 4:3 resolution with the TH2G the side monitors turn off and the game plays regularly in the on the center screen.

HOWEVER... When I was conducting this test, when I switched to a 4:3 resolution the picture was clearly analog, bad analog, to the point where the windows had a rough edge to them.

I can honestly say that using the TH2G it is very hard to tell if you are running on analog or digital input, but it is blatantly apparent when you switch to a 4:3 resolution

Post subject: Oh, and one last thing
PostPosted: 16 Feb 2007, 01:49 

I asked earlier but didn't really get an answer.

Is this the proper place to update the information about Darwinia, which was my original intent with posting the pictures.

Other options that came to mind is making a new topic in the surround discussions and solutions.

Or, posting a reply to the original detailed report of Darwinia.

I bring this up because as I'm taking a second look at my older games, Psychonauts also has native surround support. Pics to follow, when I know where to put them. :)

Post subject: Re: Something else
PostPosted: 16 Feb 2007, 18:00 

I can honestly say that using the TH2G it is very hard to tell if you are running on analog or digital input, but it is blatantly apparent when you switch to a 4:3 resolution
Interesting that you've had this experience. I run my center monitor in single-screen mode on the desktop all of the time and game in 4:3 when a game does not support triplehead resolutions. I've never noticed any image quality issues like that (I'm not picky, but it sounds like even I would see it).

The only time the center monitor goes wacky in single-screen mode is I enter my BIOS. Then it's a flickering purple mess, while the other display driven off of the same GPU is blue and steady.