Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Oct 2024, 20:05

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2007, 12:02 

HI!

Did anyone find a solution to change the resolution?
Max ingameres is 1024x768.

Can't find any ini, etc.

Resolution changer don't work.

Thx for helping!

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2007, 19:20 
Insiders
Insiders

http://www.squ1zzy.nl/Patches/Pirates_Of_The_Caribbean_Worlds_End.htm

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2007, 21:56 

Hey squ1zzy!

Really nice work!!!!

One question: Is it possible to make a patch like this also for 4:3 resolutions?

LeChuck

/edit:

I changed the res with hex editor.

Searched in file "At Worlds End.exe" hex offset 35E4E.

Horizontal resolution (some examples):

Hex Offset 35E4E | 35E4F

1152 = 80 04
1280 = 00 05
1600 = 40 06
1920 = 80 07
2048 = 00 08

Vertical resolution:

Hex Offset 35E54 | 35E55

864 = 60 03
960 = C0 03
1200 = B0 04
1440 = A0 05
1536 = 00 06

Saved the exe, started the game and changed resolution to 640x480. Et voila..... you have the desired resolution.

Anyway ... the game graphics will still be ugly :)

Greetings from germany!
LeChuck

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2009, 02:13 
Founder
Founder

Not available in my country yet (the netherlands). but I have a music collection of 80 GB so no thanks :)

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2009, 12:52 
Founder
Founder

After this I wouldn't have much trust in them personally. They didn't even know it happened until the hackers told them they'd done it !!

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2009, 17:23 
Founder
Founder

After this I wouldn't have much trust in them personally. They didn't even know it happened until the hackers told them they'd done it !!

You wouldnt trust them as they were the victim of a hack? Virtually every major site (Amazon, Ebay, Microsoft etc etc) was and is and will continue to be victims of hackers. Be a fairly small internet if we avoid every site that gets targeted.

They are still in their beta roll out phase too, unlike the other sites I mentioned above.

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2009, 17:28 
Founder
Founder

You wouldnt trust them as they were the victim of a hack? Virtually every major site (Amazon, Ebay, Microsoft etc etc) was and is and will continue to be victims of hackers. Be a fairly small internet if we avoid every site that gets targeted.

I have to fully agree with this. Maybe you should stop coming to WSGF based on the fact that the forum software used here has been comprised dozens of times. Same logic.

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2009, 22:48 
Founder
Founder

[quote]You wouldnt trust them as they were the victim of a hack? Virtually every major site (Amazon, Ebay, Microsoft etc etc) was and is and will continue to be victims of hackers. Be a fairly small internet if we avoid every site that gets targeted.

I have to fully agree with this. Maybe you should stop coming to WSGF based on the fact that the forum software used here has been comprised dozens of times. Same logic.

I don't give my Name, Address, Date of Birth and Credit Card details to WSGF. Any site I do give those details to I have to trust them completely, and if i had recently read of a hack where these customer details (bar CC in that case) had been stolen, I would indeed avoid them. Surely that's just good sense ?
Our logic is obviously not comparable. Mine isn't so Black and White.

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2009, 23:28 
Founder
Founder

[quote][quote]You wouldnt trust them as they were the victim of a hack? Virtually every major site (Amazon, Ebay, Microsoft etc etc) was and is and will continue to be victims of hackers. Be a fairly small internet if we avoid every site that gets targeted.

I don't give my Name, Address, Date of Birth and Credit Card details to WSGF. Any site I do give those details to I have to trust them completely, and if i had recently read of a hack where these customer details (bar CC in that case) had been stolen, I would indeed avoid them. Surely that's just good sense ?

I see, I did not realize that you had the option of paying for advanced features (read: no advertisements) I dont know, I agree with what your saying somewhat, I.E. I would not buy their premium membership, But I would not be buying that even if it was from a source that I fully trust like Google.

I would still try it out if it was available in Canada. I'm too lazy to proxy in ect. Fake names = win on the internet.

Sorry for sounding like somewhat of an ass earlier.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2009, 00:22 
Founder
Founder

[quote][quote][quote]You wouldnt trust them as they were the victim of a hack? Virtually every major site (Amazon, Ebay, Microsoft etc etc) was and is and will continue to be victims of hackers. Be a fairly small internet if we avoid every site that gets targeted.

I see, I did not realize that you had the option of paying for advanced features (read: no advertisements) I dont know, I agree with what your saying somewhat, I.E. I would not buy their premium membership, But I would not be buying that even if it was from a source that I fully trust like Google.

I would still try it out if it was available in Canada. I'm too lazy to proxy in ect. Fake names = win on the internet.

Sorry for sounding like somewhat of an ass earlier.

You still do.

*puts on that crappy NBC soundbite* The more you know.