Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 26 Jun 2024, 03:58

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2009, 03:14 

I'm just a lurker here on the forums do a lot of reading but just don't have much to say. So let me get right to it. I have 2 Sapphire 5870s I'm considering selling them and in turn just waiting for a 5970. They are in my system now. They have not been overclocked. Just curious to see if I could get at least $350 a piece for them.

Thanks for any input.

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2009, 10:17 
Editors
Editors

WSGF has no affliation with this sale. Please use your own due dilligence when buying from other users. Please use Paypal.

Nothing against the poster, just a disclaimer and I felt it right to allow this user to express his wishes to sell a product.

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2009, 10:55 
Editors
Editors

$350.00 sounds about right. does that include shipping? As it would be harder to compete with the ~$400.00 new e-tailor price when they offer free shipping in some cases.

Also do you have any kind of seller feedback to share with us if you really want to see these. Ebay user, another forum user name with some reputation on another forum, stuff like that.

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2009, 16:01 

First off, I appreciate the guys here at WSGF letting me post this. Like they said they have no affiliation with me. As far as the sale, if I were to get some interest.. I promise you it wouldn't be some shady internet backroom sale. I would want to use Paypal. Maybe ebay. To be honest I buy a whole lot online but I don't often sell much. Though I would be happy to do the sale on Ebay through a friend who has very good rating to provide an extra level of piece of mind for the buyer.

In all honesty I'm just a guy with a wife who's offered to buy me 3 24"s to replace my 42 LCD tv screen I use right now, so she can use it in the bedroom. I'd be happy to answer any questions and like I said do the best I can to make sure that both myself and any potential buyer feel secure in any transaction. Lastly as far as shipping goes. I would probably use USPS and as long as its under $10 a card (which I am pretty sure it is) I'd be fine with covering that cost.

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2009, 16:11 
Founder
Founder

In all honesty I'm just a guy with a wife who's offered to buy me 3 24"s to replace my 42 LCD tv screen I use right now, so she can use it in the bedroom.
OT - That is one hell of a wife...

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2009, 16:28 
Editors
Editors

[quote]In all honesty I'm just a guy with a wife who's offered to buy me 3 24"s to replace my 42 LCD tv screen I use right now, so she can use it in the bedroom.

QFT! My wife can't understand why I need 3 screens and her nickname for Eyefinity is Insanity. :P

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2009, 05:33 

[quote][quote]In all honesty I'm just a guy with a wife who's offered to buy me 3 24"s to replace my 42 LCD tv screen I use right now, so she can use it in the bedroom.

QFT! My wife can't understand why I need 3 screens and her nickname for Eyefinity is Insanity. :P

Sounds like my wife..... :doh

I might be interested.... at the end of the month when I get paid... :?

"I sense something, a presence I've not felt since......."

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2009, 17:51 

Well to be truthfull I snagged out 42" tv off the wall of the bedroom because we were waiting for a sat box replacement. Figured Id mess around for a couple days with it as my monitor.. its been two months :D

Price of 24's has dropped through the floor my second monitor is a a Sammy with the profile view that I run along side the 42.. you know for my chat windows :D But anyway she wants the tv to go back but apparently my sad kitten eyes did the trick and she agreed to the 3 monitor deal. No doubt I am a lucky guy.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2009, 11:27 

How do you use a 42" TV as a monitor? I would assume my eyes would explode in a matter of minutes with my similar sized television on my desk.

Also, yes, one hell of a wife. My girl constantly whines about my game spending even though she plays some games herself.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2009, 18:23 

My wife just read all these posts and she said, "At least I don't whine" and laughed...

I'll take one of those off your hands if your interested.

"I sense something, a presence I've not felt since......."