Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 10 May 2024, 00:44

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 530 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 53  Next
 Post subject: Witcher 2 - letter box
PostPosted: 17 May 2011, 22:35 

Well, the game recognizes the wide screen resolutions however it seems to lock down the aspect ratio to 16:9 or so as I'm getting a very annoying letter box resolution during game play.

Time to start tweaking files to see what can be changed.

edit: Anyone know of a unzipping tool that supports a .dzip extension? I've tried 7zip, winzip, winrar... all of them fail to look into the package file.

edit2: go figure... even the program named "dzip" can't read the .dzip file extension.

hmmm hex edit time I guess.

PostPosted: 17 May 2011, 23:54 

It's a shame that this game does not have native Support for Eyefinity.

On the other hand... It won't even start in Fullscreen Mode here... have to run it in Window... :roll:

PostPosted: 18 May 2011, 00:46 
Editors
Editors

Really bad news ... :(

PostPosted: 18 May 2011, 01:47 
Insiders
Insiders

Whaaat no EyeFinity in this day and age? The first game had at least some support if I remember correctly.

Why oh why did I preorder... :cry:

PostPosted: 18 May 2011, 02:00 

The first game had jacked up eyefinity support. Now this one seems to have none at all?
I would of played the first one on one monitor and then preordered this but now that this doesnt even support it I won't ever buy it.

PostPosted: 18 May 2011, 03:38 

It does list the resolutions. It even runs the Eyefinity resolutions. It's just, that you get black borders on both left and right screen. 16:9 seems max for now.

Too bad. It is a really good game. I loved the first game, but this is just awesome! Graphics are gorgeous, gameplay is excellent, dialogs and story telling are better than what I've seen during the past few years in all the games (except 1 or 2 maybe).

PostPosted: 18 May 2011, 03:55 
Insiders
Insiders

We should get some kind of community outreach for this, is there some kind of template stating the benefits of EyeFinity/Nvidia Surround and how mainstream it is now, etc etc?

PostPosted: 18 May 2011, 04:19 
I Donated
I Donated

Wow, major let down. I was so looking forward to a native surround experience. This is actually a shocker, coming from a PC only dev like CDproject Red.

Tsk tsk. :evil:

Someone's already started a thread at GoG.com (The developer's site I beleive): http://www.gog.com/en/forum/the_witcher_2/eyefinity_superwidescreen_support

PostPosted: 18 May 2011, 11:47 
Editors
Editors

Someone's already started a thread at GoG.com (The developer's site I beleive): http://www.gog.com/en/forum/the_witcher_2/eyefinity_superwidescreen_support

Posted, but i wont my breath for this official support, maybe we'll see a hex edit or memory hack solution doing the job.

PostPosted: 18 May 2011, 14:54 

The thread over at GOG.com (CD Projekt's Online Store) is filling. Let's hope best.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 530 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 53  Next