Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 22:30

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2012, 11:51 

Hi there,

Today I recieved my 2 extra 27" monitors (ASUS VG278H) and I'm trying to configure Nvida Surround.
My graphics card are 2 X GTX680 FTW 4GB in SLI.
I can make the SLI to work for 1 monitor, but not for 3.
I do have an image on all 3 screens so they are fine and the graphic cards seem to work as well.

Here's is the thing. I go to the Nvidia Control Panel and I see the option "span display with Surround".
However, when I press the button "Configure" the wizzard which is supposed to pop-up doens't pop-up at all.
And the option "Activate all displays" is automatically selected.

I've installed the latets betadrivers, but I can't make it work...

Any help would be very appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Pfipfo

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2012, 12:11 
Insiders
Insiders

Hello,

You dont have to push the config button when you select "span display with surround". just select "span display with surround" and then apply. sometimes you have to close some programes to push apply but that will be shown.

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2012, 12:18 
Insiders
Insiders

Hi there,

Today I recieved my 2 extra 27" monitors (ASUS VG278H) and I'm trying to configure Nvida Surround.
I do have an image on all 3 screens so they are fine and the graphic cards seem to work as well.

Here's is the thing. I go to the Nvidia Control Panel and I see the option "span display with Surround".
However, when I press the button "Configure" the wizzard which is supposed to pop-up doens't pop-up at all.

Best regards,
Pfipfo

It seems your drivers are not correctly installed. Try to remove them with driver sweeper and than reinstall them with clean install option selected. I always install the drivers from safe mode so no video card drivers,/ modules, etc are loaded.

Let me know if that worked out.

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2012, 13:07 

Hello,

You dont have to push the config button when you select "span display with surround". just select "span display with surround" and then apply. sometimes you have to close some programes to push apply but that will be shown.

Hi, thanks, unfortunately it didn't work.

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2012, 13:08 

[quote]Hi there,

Best regards,
Pfipfo

It seems your drivers are not correctly installed. Try to remove them with driver sweeper and than reinstall them with clean install option selected. I always install the drivers from safe mode so no video card drivers,/ modules, etc are loaded.

Let me know if that worked out.

Hi, thanks for the advice. I did what you said but it didn't help.

I'll try to disable my audio interface (RealTek), I read somewhere that it may cause SLI problems.

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2012, 13:24 

Nothing worked.

More info: I attached screen 1 and 2 on first card. and screen 3 on 3. Is that correct?

Post subject: Update:Don't know how or
PostPosted: 25 Jul 2012, 14:39 

Update:

Don't know how or why it happend but the options "he option "span display with Surround" is selected now.
However, only 1 monitor is working now. When I go to the control panel there is an option install mulitple screen (or at leadt I think so, my drivers
are in dutch so this is a direct translation) I can see my 3 screen but only 1 is selected/activated. When I try to select my other screens
the system gives the message that in SLI mode only 1 GPU can handle the displays so all displays should be connected to 1 single card.

Again, this is directly translated from dutch.

Any suggestions????

update2:

Found this on the nvidia website:

GeForce GTX 680 2-way SLI Multi-monitor

Special Instructions:
> All displays must be connected to the same card.
> Orientation can be defined per display.

can anybody confirm this? My monitors don't have displayport connection possibilities so I guess I need a displayport to dual link DVI adapter.

I'd like to play in 3D Vision Surround, will this do the trick:

http://h30094.www3.hp.com/product/sku/5107978/mfg_partno/NR078AA

:

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2012, 14:47 
Insiders
Insiders

Update:

Don't know how or why it happend but the options "he option "span display with Surround" is selected now.
However, only 1 monitor is working now. When I go to the control panel there is an option install mulitple screen (or at leadt I think so, my drivers
are in dutch so this is a direct translation) I can see my 3 screen but only 1 is selected/activated. When I try to select my other screens
the system gives the message that in SLI mode only 1 GPU can handle the displays so all displays should be connected to 1 single card.

Any suggestions????

update2:

Special Instructions:

can anybody confirm this? My monitors don't have displayport connection possibilities so I guess I need a displayport to dual link DVI adapter.

:

Then try too connect all displays to the main card and see if that works.

and if your main card only have 1 mini displayport left then you need to connect an hdmi cable too your screen and take the hdmi to mini display port connector. Those connectors are mostly inside the box of your videocard.

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2012, 15:49 
Insiders
Insiders

Update:

Any suggestions????

update2:

Special Instructions:

:

I dont know what and where and who:)) said that about all displays on the same card but here it is for 3D Surround with 2Way SLI for 680 (your cards). Look in the picture:

- 2 displays on the main card (light green)
- 1 display on the 2nd card (orange)

ALL MUST USE THE SAME CONNECTION: DVI or DP ;))

Hope this helps you;))
Best Regards.

Attached files

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

Post subject: Sh4dowking wrote:Pfipfo
PostPosted: 25 Jul 2012, 17:01 

[quote]Update:

Any suggestions????

update2:

Special Instructions:

:

Then try too connect all displays to the main card and see if that works.

and if your main card only have 1 mini displayport left then you need to connect an hdmi cable too your screen and take the hdmi to mini display port connector. Those connectors are mostly inside the box of your videocard.

Hi, I connect 1 screen with hdmi to the main card. Unfortuantely I got no vision...