Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 17 Jun 2024, 02:16

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: Flawless Widescreen
PostPosted: 01 May 2013, 13:18 

yeah that's right, the FOV is way off. It zooms in way too much which makes it quite unplayable. The same with the menus and cut scenes too. A few other dreamcast releases seem to be alright with super high resolutions but unfortunately not this one.

PostPosted: 01 May 2013, 13:24 
Insiders
Insiders

axelandpixel wrote:
yeah that's right, the FOV is way off. It zooms in way too much which makes it quite unplayable. The same with the menus and cut scenes too. A few other dreamcast releases seem to be alright with super high resolutions but unfortunately not this one.

Alot of the menus are still screwed (spanned), but FOV is fixed, altho I've literally only looked at it now that you reminded me

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 01 May 2013, 13:43 

Wow, this is brilliant stuff! That looks spot on Hayden, I'm really glad that you we're able to fix this for us. Will this fix be included in the updated Flawless that's released end of the week? If so, Christmas is definitely coming early this year.
Awesome work ;)

PostPosted: 01 May 2013, 14:52 
Insiders
Insiders

It's great to see JSRF getting a fix!

I was wondering if it's too much to ask for an update to the fixes for Bioshock 2 and Rage. I've started playing both and they both have fixes that partially hold them back from perfection.

Bioshock 2's fix doesn't adjust the weapon and hand FOV anymore and doesn't scale the hud.

Rage's fix adjusts the menu and HUD to the center screen but no longer fixes the hand and weapon FOV.
Also for some reason I'm unable to see the menu for selling items.

Buying with fix
Selling with fix
Selling without fix

PostPosted: 02 May 2013, 05:44 

Hayden, do you know if you'll be updating the SKYRIM fix to reflect the 1.9 patch? Thank you for your help and efforts. Donation incoming! :onethumb:

PostPosted: 02 May 2013, 11:34 
Insiders
Insiders

MobsterOO7 wrote:
It's great to see JSRF getting a fix!

I was wondering if it's too much to ask for an update to the fixes for Bioshock 2 and Rage. I've started playing both and they both have fixes that partially hold them back from perfection.

Bioshock 2's fix doesn't adjust the weapon and hand FOV anymore and doesn't scale the hud.

Rage's fix adjusts the menu and HUD to the center screen but no longer fixes the hand and weapon FOV.

Also for some reason I'm unable to see the menu for selling items.

Something weird happened with the Bioshock 2 Plugin, it _was_ all perfect, HUD and FOV then it somehow got corrupted - I will look into it again, however the GFWL included in Bioshock 2 does make it more difficult, the standard techniques to get around the integrity checks don't work so well on bioshock 2.

Rage is a similar deal, I think there has always been a mistake in the original port to the LUA engine, I've re-coded it entirely a few weeks back, but still haven't resolved the hands FOV issue.

khanitez wrote:
Hayden, do you know if you'll be updating the SKYRIM fix to reflect the 1.9 patch? Thank you for your help and efforts. Donation incoming! :onethumb:

Yes.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 02 May 2013, 11:55 
Insiders
Insiders

HaYDeN wrote:
Something weird happened with the Bioshock 2 Plugin, it _was_ all perfect, HUD and FOV then it somehow got corrupted - I will look into it again, however the GFWL included in Bioshock 2 does make it more difficult, the standard techniques to get around the integrity checks don't work so well on bioshock 2.

Rage is a similar deal, I think there has always been a mistake in the original port to the LUA engine, I've re-coded it entirely a few weeks back, but still haven't resolved the hands FOV issue.

Thanks for looking into Bioshock 2, I hope you are successful in finding out what the deal is with RAGE.

PostPosted: 03 May 2013, 08:39 

HaYDeN wrote:
Several people are testing the new build - yet to hear anything catastrophic yet, handling the transition (so it's semi transparent to the user) between the two versions with different back-ends is semi challenging.

Couple of other things to do, fix the website etc etc, stupid HTTPS certificate expired.

Defiance and Resident Evil 6 added, a few plugins have been dropped.

If it's not out by say Friday NZ time, your more than welcome stab me in the face repetitively

You are the MAN! :rockout:
As for the stabby thing, no worries. We'll all just post pics of sad puppy eye's memes with the caption "Oh noze, Hayden's late!"
We'll save the stabby till June. :lol:

PostPosted: 03 May 2013, 13:07 

Gezzer wrote:
You are the MAN! :rockout:
As for the stabby thing, no worries. We'll all just post pics of sad puppy eye's memes with the caption "Oh noze, Hayden's late!"
We'll save the stabby till June. :lol:

Speak for yourself. It's Friday, and my Morgul blade is hungry for eyes. :twisted:

PostPosted: 03 May 2013, 19:41 

Is the SKYRIM patch going to be attached to this forthcoming update? Or, will that be at a later date?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 126  Next