Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 16:34

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: 26 Feb 2011, 00:14 

When will PC games be written for PC's again. I'm getting pretty tired of these games that could be so amazing being ruined by short-sighted console-centric development.

How far we've fallen from the days of Unreal.

Dice and Valve. PC support. BC2 Vietnam and MOH multi are for PC. They are the best. Crytek was PC now they are console and have lost their crown. I tried the Crysis 2 leak and It works eyefinity hardcore setting on a 5850 oc. Its just a beta. Right now it looks like a console game if the PC version has better tweaks than the leaked beta then it might be ok. The multiplayer feels like a halo game :lol:

BF3 will probably blow away crysis 2

Bulletstorm reeks of consolitis. I am going to play it single screen as I doubt it will be fixable for eyefinity. I'm also thinking gamepad would be fun with the vibrations so if i play with that on my comp I SHOULD HAVE JUST GOT IT FOR XBOX! :x

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2011, 05:57 

Hi guys!

First, sorry for the English, I'm Spanish (European) and use the Google translator (I know it sucks, you just have to see translated into Spanish, I hope that the reverse is better)

I've found in Google and I have solved the main problem, the overall FOV. And thanks to the editor and curiosity, I managed to find some scenes zoom parameter. In the archive "DefaultPawn.ini"Use the button "Find" and the FOV parameter to find it. I was able to regulate the FOV using the leash and the grenade. The only thing that fails is when it slides across the floor. Everything else works fine. See if someone gets to this file solve everything.

Regards,
Puche.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2011, 10:53 
Insiders
Insiders

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEbbMcYjwBw

Crouched=75
Running=100
Sliding=110
Whip=85
Normal=85
Zoomed=45
Cutscenes=80,90,varying
Interactions=varying

Video is 5760x1080, just adding about +50 to all FOV values and capping it at 150 to stop fisheye when running etc.

Fix has some flaws with respect to periodicly for short durations blanking back out to stock FOV (having to write a value thats being written to :( -- see the video, watch is in 1080p haha so its not like looking through a small slit) - sounds the INI might be a goer.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2011, 12:41 

Crouched=75
Running=100
Sliding=110
Whip=85
Normal=85
Zoomed=45
Cutscenes=80,90,varying
Interactions=varying

Video is 5760x1080, just adding about +50 to all FOV values and capping it at 150 to stop fisheye when running etc.

Fix has some flaws with respect to periodicly for short durations blanking back out to stock FOV (having to write a value thats being written to :( -- see the video, watch is in 1080p haha so its not like looking through a small slit) - sounds the INI might be a goer.

Hi thanks for the data, but where is the .ini file.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2011, 15:48 

Slide, Whip, Running and crounched are in DefaultPawn.ini. Normal and Zoomed are in DefaultCamera.ini.

But I do not cutscenes... the rest of the game works great.

This is how I have it, in DefaultPawn.ini, find this:

RUNNING

[StormGame.BSSM_RoadieRun]
SpeedModifierForHeavyMachinegun=1.2
SpeedModifier=1.5
CameraFOV=150

SNIPER

[StormGame.BSSM_SniperShoot]
CameraFOV=90

SLIDE

[StormGame.BSSM_Slide]
SpeedModifier=2.5 ; 2.1
SlideLength=1600 ; 1000
SlideLengthDown=200
SlideLengthUp=200
SlideLengthOverchargeMultiplier=1.6
CameraFOV=150

THUMPER GRENADE

[StormGame.BSSM_ThumperGrenadeThrow]
CameraFOV=140

KICK

[StormGame.BSSM_BulletTime]
CameraFOV=140

That's all, each one set as you like.

Regards,
Puche

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2011, 16:34 

Hello,

Long time reader, first time poster.

I've got the whip and slide, running etc. working now. Easiest way is to download the updated editor (1.1) and use the find function in the StormPawn.ini to search for FOV. There are numerous values in there corresponding to the various FOVs while performing special actions (I personally set mine to the same FOV that is in the StormCamera.ini because I don't care for the zoom effect).

Back to work now, but when I get home I'm going to start digging for the cutscenes settings unless Hayden decides to share where they are before I get home ^_^.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2011, 19:32 

Crouched=75
Running=100
Sliding=110
Whip=85
Normal=85
Zoomed=45
Cutscenes=80,90,varying
Interactions=varying

oh wow I gotta try this!

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2011, 19:40 

[quote]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEbbMcYjwBw

Crouched=75
Running=100
Sliding=110
Whip=85
Normal=85
Zoomed=45
Cutscenes=80,90,varying
Interactions=varying

where do I find these settings? are they added to the camera ini?

oh wow I gotta try this!

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2011, 20:33 

Has anyone figured out where to put these commands? I cannot find where these commands are i've looked through all the ini's both program files and documents I have tried adding them to all ini's one at a time and still no luck. :x No disrespect to hayden but it sucks that you didn't show us what to do with your solution. I must be missing something :doh

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2011, 20:51 

Crouched=75
Running=100
Sliding=110
Whip=85
Normal=85
Zoomed=45
Cutscenes=80,90,varying
Interactions=varying

WoW, that video looks quite incredible. I can't wait to test it out. C'mon FIX!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next