Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jun 2024, 08:38

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Help Please
PostPosted: 08 Dec 2009, 02:01 

I guess i do not understand what needs to be done to play a game using my triple head. When i bought it from someone he helped me set it up. I have no problems playing RFactor (VHR). I want to set my 3 monitors to play NR2K3 but the game will only run on one screen. Can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong?

Post subject: Re: Help Please
PostPosted: 08 Dec 2009, 02:29 
Founder
Founder

What game is NR2K3? It may not support multi-monitor gaming.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2009, 02:49 

it is a racing game. Nascar Racing season 2003... i can not get it to work on Need for speed underground either. Am i doing something wrong? I have downloaded this thing from the website http://www.kegetys.net/SoftTH/ but i have not installed it. But i would think that if this program would work my triple head would work. am i just an idiot?

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2009, 02:57 

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/surroundgaming/en/games/#

You can also visit this site and on the left of this page you will see that it says that it is supported. Nascar racing 2003 season.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2009, 03:20 
Founder
Founder

Do you have the Matrox TripleHead2Go box? If so, you need to install the drivers for it. You do not need SoftTH. If you don't have the TH2Go, then you would either need to get one or install SoftTH.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2009, 04:36 

I do have the triple head 2go but i do not have the box. I bought it from a buddy and he walked me through setting it up over the phone. Like i said i have been using it now for about 6 months but only with RFactor and it has worked fine. This is the first time that i have tried it with another game. I have the Matrox power desk program installed, if there is anything else that i need please let me know and if you could direct me where to get it i sure would appreciate it. I remember when he had me install it he had me visit a website and download and install a few things but i do not know what they were.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2009, 14:35 
Editors
Editors

I just tried Nascar Racing Season 2003 and it found my 5760x1200 resolution and worked in surround right out of the box. So the game is ok but you may need to find your "special settings" for SoftTH to work.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2009, 15:51 

do you use the TH2GO? I do not have the other program installed (SoftTH). I just downloaded it in case i needed it. From what i read i will need another vid. card if i install it. So are you saying everything worked correctly with the TH2GO? If so i was wondering what kind of settings would possibly need to be changed? Like i said the RFactor works with no problems and i can not figure out why NR2K3 is not working. By the way what is "surround"? Is that a setting that i may need to possibly change?

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2009, 18:27 
Insiders
Insiders

I do have the triple head 2go but i do not have the box. I bought it from a buddy and he walked me through setting it up over the phone. Like i said i have been using it now for about 6 months but only with RFactor and it has worked fine. This is the first time that i have tried it with another game. I have the Matrox power desk program installed, if there is anything else that i need please let me know and if you could direct me where to get it i sure would appreciate it. I remember when he had me install it he had me visit a website and download and install a few things but i do not know what they were.

Woah, hold up... TripleHead2Go is only in box form. How can you have TripleHead2Go and "do not have the box"? I hope this guy didn't sell you SoftTH, as it's a free utility. Some of the things in your post are confusing. It seems to indicate you do have a TH2G box, but you initially say you don't? If you do have a TH2G, it means that SoftTH is not needed at all. No need for you to have downloaded that.

TH2G should just work if it's setup and working on your desktop. Some games simply don't support wide resolutions if they don't show up in the game video settings options. There are some hacks out there to fix resolutions but you'd need to check for one for that game if it's not supporting it natively. Check to see if SGU has anything for the app.

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/surroundgaming/en/downloads/sgu/

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2009, 21:44 
Insiders
Insiders

Woah, hold up... TripleHead2Go is only in box form. How can you have TripleHead2Go and "do not have the box"?

I'm just guessing, but that might mean he doesn't have the cardboard box that the TH2GO comes in. As in: "My friend sold me only the unit, it came in a plastic grocery bag."