Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Oct 2024, 20:27

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2012, 11:10 
Editors
Editors

K i woke up today at 5:40am so i could talk to HaYDeN, he lives in NZ and i live in Brazil. He will release the new version of hix fix on sunday 26/02 (evening). Its an app called "flawlessws", thats similar to dopefish's widescreenfixer, that uses plugins to run specific game solutions. He will release on sunday only skyrim's plugin (supporting v1.4), and will add new games in the future.
Please keep checking this thread and game's Detailed Report, we will update it as soon as he releases the fix.

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2012, 11:56 
Insiders
Insiders

K i woke up today at 5:40am so i could talk to HaYDeN, he lives in NZ and i live in Brazil. He will release the new version of hix fix on sunday 26/02 (evening). Its an app called "flawlessws", thats similar to dopefish's widescreenfixer, that uses plugins to run specific game solutions. He will release on sunday only skyrim's plugin (supporting v1.4), and will add new games in the future.
Please keep checking this thread and game's Detailed Report, we will update it as soon as he releases the fix.

No disrespect intended...but wouldn't it be easier just to make the plugin compatible with WSF? I mean why use so many applications ? The scope should be to have a unified architecture (application) which we can easily maintain and in which we can easily add more fixes and also improve it..instead of having an app for each fix... At least this is my idea;))

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

Post subject: It seems each developer
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2012, 12:31 
Editors
Editors

It seems each developer prefers to release and update his own application, we have dopefish and his Multi-Game WidescreenFixer, stone and the Widescreen Patcher and HaYDeN working again on his FlawlessWS.

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2012, 12:41 
Insiders
Insiders

It seems each developer prefers to release and update his own application, we have dopefish and his Multi-Game WidescreenFixer, stone and the Widescreen Patcher and HaYDeN working again on his FlawlessWS.

Yeah:( that is too bad... Imagine if we would merge all the fixes into one tool!;)) One tool for everything ^_^

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

Post subject: Thanks Thales, 5am is no
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2012, 13:39 

Thanks Thales, 5am is no laughing matter.

Post subject: helifax wrote:thales100
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2012, 15:02 

[quote]It seems each developer prefers to release and update his own application, we have dopefish and his Multi-Game WidescreenFixer, stone and the Widescreen Patcher and HaYDeN working again on his FlawlessWS.

Yeah:( that is too bad... Imagine if we would merge all the fixes into one tool!;)) One tool for everything ^_^
This seems like a great idea and has its merits.

However, it still does not change the fact that Beth could sort this issue out once and for all by making the Skyrim menus etc scale properly.

The thing is, trying to explain the issue or ask politely for a fix over at the Beth forums is somewhat akin to banging your head against a brick wall or blowing against the wind (clean version) - either way, ya gonna looooooose! (I say this with the greatest respect for the mods over in those forums - I suppose their job is somewhat like trying to nail jelly to the ceiling sometimes!)

Post subject: Thanks for the update
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2012, 17:35 

Thanks for the update Thales.
As for the various fix choices, I guess that is why some folks drive Chevys and some Fords, Some Toyotas and some Huyndai's and some Mercedes and some BMW's.
The two dedicated people who have worked on SKYRIM WSG fixes are to be thanked by all of us. I have my favorite for this game but I do think that this is a case of 2 + 2 = 5.

CPU i-7920 DO @3.6 Ghz, PSU Corsair AX1200, GPU's 2 EVGA GTX 580's in SLI Surround, Monitors 3 Ea Samsung 245T's 24" @ 5760 X 1200, Storage, Boot Drive 120 Gb OCZ Vertex 2 SSD, Program drives, 2 Ea 300 Gb V-Raptors in RAID 0, Storage drive, WD RE3 1 TB, M

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2012, 20:37 
Insiders
Insiders

I don't mind working with others to get them involved in making plugins for Widescreen Fixer. While I do not have the source publicly available I'm willing to work with anyone interested in making plugins. You don't need access to the source to make plugins for Widescreen Fixer, and as long as you know what you're doing with Cheat Engine, it's really simple to take the data you found and wrap it up in a plugin. Just get in contact with me and we can discuss source arrangements and SVN access.

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

Post subject: Quote:No disrespect
PostPosted: 25 Feb 2012, 01:04 

No disrespect intended...but wouldn't it be easier just to make the plugin compatible with WSF? I mean why use so many applications ? The scope should be to have a unified architecture (application) which we can easily maintain and in which we can easily add more fixes and also improve it..instead of having an app for each fix... At least this is my idea;))

if someone would open source an application that took plugins, it would be super easy for many more people to just pick up and write a new/updated plugin for a patcher system that is already created.

AMD FX8320 - ASUS Sabertooth 990FX

Alphacool and Heatkiller Watercooling

16GB Patriot DDR3 - HIS R9 280x & 7950 Crossfired

NZXT H440 - Razer Naga Epic - 4320x900 3x Samsung 940Bw

Corsair Ax1000i - Logitech DiNovo Edge & G13

============================================

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2012, 16:53 

I understand the flaw with open source is quality control... Thanks to all for continuing to support wide-screen patches. Personally, I don't like the idea of running an executable called "Cheat Engine" while running Steam... which is why I haven't played Skyrim in over a month (sorry Helifax) ...it's just a name, but it seems a bit, eh, dirty.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228 ... 302  Next