Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Oct 2024, 23:24

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2012, 23:00 

Trying to get D3 to run on my 3x 24" 1920*1200's in portrait.

I realize there's been a problem with the fixer due to the frequent patching from blizzard, but I can't even run it in Windowed fullscreen, I can only select 1024*768 as the resolution, no matter what I try, even changing the D3Prefs.txt doesn't work. :/

Post subject: I have not tried ANY
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2012, 13:55 
Insiders
Insiders

I have not tried ANY D3prefs.ini editing and everything works fine here on Nvidia hardware.

Have you set your .ini to "read only" or something that would not permit the game to edit it?

Using the in-game Video option select is all I need to do, I just tried it, switched from Fullscreen Windowed to 1920x1200 (Widescreen) and back without any issues.

Not sure what's occuring on your end.

What is your desktop resolution set to? What video card are you using?

Gigabyte P67-UD7 rev. B3
OS -Samsung 840pro 256GB ssd
Games -Samsung 840pro 500GB ssd
Pagefile -crucial 60GB ssd
Storage -2x 4TB WD
PWS -Seasonic Prime 1k Titanium

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2012, 16:16 

I have the same problem as JiminyBillyBob. I think the game does not like portrait mode at all. Once in portrait the video options have only 1 choice. That's 1024x768 and its greyed out. I went to landscape with mine and I can get the options to come back and it will work with my 3 monitors. I even tried pulling a fast one and loaded the game in landscape then changed the desktop to portrait. But I get a d3d error for it. I just wish portrait mode worked. Also tried both widescreen fixer and flawless. I have tried editing .ini file and it will be overridden from diablo each time. Tried different nvidia drivers and no luck so far. This reminds me why I really dislike blizzard and quit wow.

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2012, 00:23 

Aye seems to be a problem with portrait, i'm getting exactly the same experience as Wrx-Hellfire :(

I'm using a GTX680, newest drivers and my desktop res is 3780x1920 with bezel correction.

Just tried Torchlight now, works flawlessly on my setup and didn't have to fiddle with it at all.
Shame on Blizzard. ;/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10