Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Oct 2024, 05:28

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2014, 06:49 
Insiders
Insiders

Arkayn wrote:
Thanks for the info Hayden.

I will try launching again with manual settings for displays. Though all the other games I've used this with so far seems to work (except Witcher 2 but maybe this will fix that too) but keeping the manual settings on all the time is obviously no harm.

For what it is worth my next set of cards will be AMD for the reasons you stated and many more. Been stuck with drivers the last 12 months that don't allow 120hz on Eyefinity 5760x1080 despite working fine in 2013.

I assume you mean "will be Nvidia" - I too used to have ATI gear and this was... like 4 years ago, the drivers were a problem then... eg. eyefinity not working sometimes (mostly due to Displayport adapter, but NVIDIA doesn't have this issue, not detecting my forth display, locking up) - so yeah, never again for me either... unless they come out with something killer, which is unlikely IMO.

Wouldn't call myself a NVIDIA fanboy, just had way too many first hand problems with AMD.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2014, 15:57 

HaYDeN wrote:
Xickle wrote:
Bweefk wrote:
Any one else not able to get the hud to the middle screen in eyefinity with the hayden fix? it made the game playable on 3 screens but it pushes the hud to the edge.

I am getting exactly this along with several other issues. One problem for me is that the view of "Saurons army" is zoomed in very much, and I am not even at the warchiefs stage, where people say there's issues. For some reason my menu letters start flashing furiously when I open it up too.
I'm running AMD R9 290 in 2 way crossfire, and 6064x1200 bezel compensated resolution.

FWS thread is riddled with people having issues with AMD hardware detection, and the problem should be fairly obvious looking at status messages.... the first thing to do is check the status of FWS and confirm that it is correctly detecting your display setup, if you have 3 monitors and it doesn't say it detected 3 monitors... clearly there's an issue... if the resolution is wrong, clearly there's an issue.

AMD Eyefinity API's are awful, Crossfire setups do not get detected in the same way that single cards do, nor is the same information available, and sometimes even single cards fail detection for random reasons.

You can override the display detection like so:

Until the day comes that I get a pair of AMD cards [which is very unlikely] or AMD fix the problem, it will probably remain broken.

Thank you, that worked perfectly! I had to set the X-pos of the HUD to 2023 instead of 1920, because of bezels, so now everything is nice and in the middle.

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2014, 23:11 

I use nvidia surround and can't get the Flawless widescreen fix to work i get
"configure function call for the attacked process fails, retrying in XX seconds...

Last Error:
Could not find the letterboxfix injection point, Middle Earth : SOM may have been updated to a version that is no longer supported.
Try restarting Middle Earth:som or selecting a different version and re-enable the fix.

I tried:
Go into the game files through your My Documents forlder -> WB Games -> Shadow of Mordor
Edit the render.cg file:
Change:
"Render.Setting.AspectRatioLock" "1.000000"
to
"Render.Setting.AspectRatioLock" "0.000000"
Save file and exit.

and reverted it back to 1. neither made flawless widescreen work also changed some in games settings to no avail either

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2014, 10:42 

Toothless Spoon wrote:
Anyone getting the problem with the Army menu - where you select Orcs etc. Once the War Chiefs get introduced into the main story, but menu is stuck in a higher position. I spoke to Hayden about it, but I was wondering if anyone else has come across this?

Hayden's fix:
Attachment:
2014-10-04_00001.jpg

What it should be like (1920x1080):
Attachment:
2014-10-04_00004.jpg

I have the same Problem

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2014, 14:59 
Insiders
Insiders

Open the plugin, start Middle Earth SOM, if it doesn't work or crashes, close game, close plugin tab and re-open it, relaunch the game... rinse and repeat until it does work... shouldn't take more than 1-2 tries normally.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2014, 15:24 

WarHeaven wrote:
I use nvidia surround and can't get the Flawless widescreen fix to work i get
"configure function call for the attacked process fails, retrying in XX seconds...

Last Error:
Could not find the letterboxfix injection point, Middle Earth : SOM may have been updated to a version that is no longer supported.
Try restarting Middle Earth:som or selecting a different version and re-enable the fix.

I tried:
Go into the game files through your My Documents forlder -> WB Games -> Shadow of Mordor
Edit the render.cg file:
Change:
"Render.Setting.AspectRatioLock" "1.000000"
to
"Render.Setting.AspectRatioLock" "0.000000"
Save file and exit.

and reverted it back to 1. neither made flawless widescreen work also changed some in games settings to no avail either

I resolved my issue stupid me had a brain fart moment. I downloaded the x86 ver. Thinking the game was 32 bit. Duh I needed the x64 for my 64 bit os. Works perfect now

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2014, 20:11 

Any news on whether we'll get a fix for the saurons army view issues once warlords are unlocked? Also another problem I encountered is that sometimes during the near death quicktime event I don't see it onscreen and die because there's nothing I can do. I play on 5760x1080

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2014, 04:41 

hugglesthemerciless wrote:
Any news on whether we'll get a fix for the saurons army view issues once warlords are unlocked? Also another problem I encountered is that sometimes during the near death quicktime event I don't see it onscreen and die because there's nothing I can do. I play on 5760x1080

I got this too and had to stop using the fix unfortuantly. I have a feeling this is not something Hayden can do anything about though.
Any thoughts Hayden?

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2014, 04:59 
Insiders
Insiders

Arkayn wrote:

I got this too and had to stop using the fix unfortuantly. I have a feeling this is not something Hayden can do anything about though.
Any thoughts Hayden?

That Hayden guy is super lazy, I doubt he would do anything about it :lol: I have asked him, and I'm not sure he sees it as enough of an issue to fix. :hide:

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2014, 08:08 

Toothless Spoon wrote:
Arkayn wrote:

Any thoughts Hayden?

That Hayden guy is super lazy, I doubt he would do anything about it :lol: I have asked him, and I'm not sure he sees it as enough of an issue to fix. :hide:

Oh that lounge won't save you from the wrath of Hayden. I'd just get on a plane and leave the country.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next