Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Oct 2024, 20:34

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 869 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 87  Next
PostPosted: 18 Feb 2016, 20:19 

crunk wrote:
K4sh wrote:
Ekrboi has made an excellent how to patch your exe game yourself earlier in page 7.
Follow it.
Prior to use it, you need to calculate your custom aspect ratio which is (width / height).
Then, the decimal value has to be converted in hexadecimal with that link.
hex conversion tool
Decimal value should be written that format => 999.99999

U're not giving the fish, but teaching how to fish ;)

Thanks, worked for me

You understand that i cannot post modified exe for every exotic resolution that you may play with.
So the tutorial is here for you all.

Final word,
I will have finished that great game in a week or two i guess. After that, if i have to free some space on my HDD i may have to uninstall MGS.
That means that i won't be able to provide new fix. You can ask phoeny that followed my explanations on how to make its own cheat table script or
you may try to do it yourself.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2016, 21:44 

Just for understanding I'm not complaining about what you did, on the contrary I'm commending.

I finished the game some weeks ago but I still playing, doing some parallel ops sometimes.

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2016, 03:39 

I updated the Cheat Table for MGO since the latest patch as well.

mgsvmgo.CT

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2016, 12:40 

Ok I set up my resolution via hex tool. But now I need a working marker fix! Who can help?

EDIT:
Ok I found the tutorial: http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... er#p164231
I will test it out.

Last edited by ottelo on 22 Feb 2016, 13:19, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2016, 22:51 

Hey lteddy have you noticed that the marker fix takes care of every UI element except for the buddy marker? This is of course after finding the proper address in the latest version and updating the MGO Cheat Table. I've posted it at the bottom of page 63 of this very thread, so it's not an issue of a misplaced address.

There must be another line somewhere that controls the position of the buddy marker. It's strange, though, that it's the only UI element not fixed by the standard marker fix.

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2016, 21:20 

Hey Blake,

I did notice this indeed. Though I'm personally not too bothered by it since I usually buddy up with a steam friend, and kinda enjoy it since it's easier to find his direction :P
Though I can see how it's a bother and no idea why it's separate from all the other UI.

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2016, 21:31 

Yeah, glad it's not just me. None of the other addresses that meet the "F3 0F 59 05 ** ** ** ** F3 0F 59 0D" array of byte search even have "16" and "9" in the comment lines. I think it's above my head to hunt down the address that affects the buddy icon, I'm just following tutorials by K4sh at this point without fully understanding what's going on.

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2016, 21:37 

blake_n wrote:
Yeah, glad it's not just me. None of the other addresses that meet the "F3 0F 59 05 ** ** ** ** F3 0F 59 0D" array of byte search even have "16" and "9" in the comment lines. I think it's above my head to hunt down the address that affects the buddy icon, I'm just following tutorials by Kashe at this point without fully understanding what's going on.

That's because the opcodes your are searching with these bytes are for markers position not UI size.
I have no idea how the buddy size is controlled (and have no idea what really buddy is) but you may look for these arrays of bytes :
- F3 0F 10 8A * * * *
- F3 41 0F 10 97 * * * *
- F3 0F 10 B3 * * * *

These arrays of bytes may reveal new pointer(s) with one that could be related to your buddy size.

To be honest, that was a pure logic for me to look for these bytes as jackfuste did find the original opcodes.
I have no idea how he ended in finding markers position and UI size. That's something i'd like to know how to do it myself. But i can't :(

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2016, 21:52 

Sorry about miswriting your name K4sh, I corrected it in a quick edit by the way. The biggest issue with the UI element I'm referring to is that its position is incorrect, even when all other UI elements (like markers) have proper positions. So if the buddy icon is not dead-center on your screen (it indicates where your partner in the game is), it doesn't actually land smack-dab on your partner. Basically it exhibits all the problems of an unfixed marker position, despite the marker position fix being enabled (and working properly on other UI elements).

So there must be another portion of the game code where a 16-by-9 aspect ratio is unchanged. Its size may also be incorrect (I haven't confirmed this), but that isn't as important as its position. That's why it's strange to me, that the lines that should control positioning of all UI elements somehow miss this single element.

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2016, 22:07 

blake_n wrote:
Sorry about miswriting your name K4sh, I corrected it in a quick edit by the way. The biggest issue with the UI element I'm referring to is that its position is incorrect, even when all other UI elements (like markers) have proper positions. So if the buddy icon is not dead-center on your screen (it indicates where your partner in the game is), it doesn't actually land smack-dab on your partner. Basically it exhibits all the problems of an unfixed marker position, despite the marker position fix being enabled (and working properly on other UI elements).

So there must be another portion of the game code where a 16-by-9 aspect ratio is unchanged. Its size may also be incorrect (I haven't confirmed this), but that isn't as important as its position. That's why it's strange to me, that the lines that should control positioning of all UI elements somehow miss this single element.

Looking at the latest SP last week i found out another location with similar opcodes accessing 16 and 9 values.
I also found out that these opcodes are very likely to be involved in calculating markers position as a breakpoint set for one of these opcodes would halt the game straight after tabing back to it.

You may look for F3 0F 59 * * * * * F3 0F 59 * * * * * in MGO process.
F3 0F 59 is for mulss xmm(x) , relative address
That way, you may find very similars opcodes
mulss xmm0,[mgsvtpp.exe+relative address]
mulss xmm1,[mgsvtpp.exe+relative address]

if you see 16 / 9 in comment, you can try to adapt the script already existing with appropriate adresses.

Good luck...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 869 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 87  Next