Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Oct 2024, 16:18

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 869 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 87  Next
PostPosted: 22 Mar 2016, 01:09 

Can someone help the few 5:4 ratio gamers? I know it isn't widescreen with multiple monitors but there always seemed to be a fix for it. I think the fix differs from the one used to make wider-screen and would like to know.

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2016, 13:23 

foodstuffs wrote:
Can someone help the few 5:4 ratio gamers? I know it isn't widescreen with multiple monitors but there always seemed to be a fix for it. I think the fix differs from the one used to make wider-screen and would like to know.

I'm still waiting for this. Can anyone at least explain how to do this? I really need it I hate those black bars. It was uploaded here for every version except the newest (1.0.8.0).

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2016, 13:57 

shadow97hunter wrote:
foodstuffs wrote:

I'm still waiting for this. Can anyone at least explain how to do this? I really need it I hate those black bars. It was uploaded here for every version except the newest (1.0.8.0).
foodstuffs wrote:

Did you calculate your resolution ratio with for eg reshex tool ?
With this tool you got your ratio and the hexadecimal bytes to swap with original ratio according to whatever your resolution is typed.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2016, 08:56 

It's the same hex variable that i got in the calculator online when I tried to fix this problem. I've tried pretty much everything i could think of over this games release.

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2016, 18:58 

Here is a brand new cheat table that should work with MGS SP with:
- No need to calculate anything (markers fix only).
- Possibility to set custom UI size.
- Possibility to adjust X and Y aspect ratio auto calculated.
- Futur updates (hope so).
- Better efficency.

mgsvtpp_1.0.7.1+.a.zip

You need to download and install Cheat Engine.
Once the game and save are loaded alt+tab back to windows desktop and open the cheat table in Cheat Engine.
Click the computer icon and select the Metal Gear process.

After this, all you have to do is to check the markers fix script.
If you want to customise the UI size, double click the "New UI Size" value.
If you want to customise the fov, check the box and double click the FOV value that will be available after.
If you want to adjust X and Y aspect ratio calculated, double click the respective values.
If you want to undo all the fixes, simply uncheck the relatives checkboxes.

If you change, for some reason, the resolution, uncheck the markers fix box and check it again to have the game fixed again.

Note :
The calculation have been outsourced to the original function so that it will be as less as possible CPU hungry.
The fix should be more efficient.

Prior to use this cheat table you need to patch your game exe file following erkboi excellent tutorial given in page 7 of this thread.
This cheat table may also work with MGO. You have first to edit the scripts and change "mgsvtpp.exe" (without double quotes) everywhere with "mgsvmgo.exe".

Credits goes to Jackfuste for original fixes.

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2016, 21:42 

Okay, so I followed the tutorial from page 7 exactly right but still no change. I still get black bars on top and bottom of the screen. I've changed the "39 8E E3 3F" with my resolution "00 00 A0 3F" (1280x1024). and nothing changed ingame. Any help would be appreciated :)
Btw. thanks K4sh for all the help. You truly are a life saver.

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2016, 22:05 

Probably it's some kind of limitation with the engine. It's already bounded to 16/9 aspect ratio. i wouldn't be surprised it is with lowest ratios.
1280 * 1024 is not so common nowadays.

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2016, 07:37 

We were able to get it before, there's obviously something being done differently.

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2016, 19:10 

It worked before... I don't get it...

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2016, 12:15 

I'm in the same position as you shadow97hunter - I have big old plasma monitor/display tv (Sony PFM-42X1) and it's native res it 5:4....what I need are jackfuste's files for v1.005 (Page 20 of this thread...3rd post down). But the links are dead :( And I can't find another such files online. As you did I also tried 00 00 A0 3F but it does not work...yet from reading this thread extensively it seems those files from jackfuste did work so there must have been some additional edits made...or maybe a different hex entirely...HEX makes my head hurt anyway...it seems also the fixes being offered for the more recent versions do not work for the 5:4 people wheras they used to on previous versions of the game....can someone confirm this? Please help if you have a bit of knowledge into what could be causing this issue for 5:4 MGSV users! Need true full screen...you know how it is

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 869 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 87  Next