Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Sep 2024, 07:57

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2006, 07:05 

I got this info on another forum. It works ok for me.

"Do this to fix Carbon for widescreen...

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/index.php?title=Downloads

1.Download the program called Universal Widescreen (UniWS) Patcher
2. Go into your Need for Speed Carbon directory and name the exe file speed2.exe
3. Open up the program you just downloaded and select Need for Speed Underground 2 from its game menu
4. Enter the resolution you want in the program
5. Locate the directory for Carbon in the program and click "Patch"
6. Launch Carbon and select the 640x480 resolution
7. Finished!

Notice: Make sure to backup the original Carbon exe for updating your game later with official patches!

Enjoy!"

This works fine.

The thing is, if you leave the games exe file as SPEED2.EXE you will get lockups.

So go do the above, and before you start the game highlight the SPEED2.exe and undo the renameing of the file.

That's CTRL+Z.

It will change the NFS:Carbon exe file from SPEED2.EXE back to it's original name.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2006, 08:15 

I cant play using my Laptop HP DV1940TU , using Mobile Intel 945GM integrated graphics card. its a 14.1 widescreen laptop, resolution is 1280X768 60Hz , tried using uniws, updated to latest graphics driver cant work too. anyone has this problem too?

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2006, 11:13 

This works fine.

The thing is, if you leave the games exe file as SPEED2.EXE you will get lockups.

So go do the above, and before you start the game highlight the SPEED2.exe and undo the renameing of the file.

That's CTRL+Z.

It will change the NFS:Carbon exe file from SPEED2.EXE back to it's original name.

I did all this but the game still always crashes on certian races (e.g. beachfront), always in the same spot. Maybe it's because I'm running the collectors edition? The original exe only crashes occasionally when I go though the menus too fast.

My guess is someone will release a patch that works as soon as I have completed the game in 4:3 :( Probably this time next week.

Setup:
NFS Carbon Classic Edition (genuine v1.2)
Radeon x850 xt (Latest Catalyst Driver 6.10)
Windows XP (Fully patched)

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2006, 14:39 

I cant play using my Laptop HP DV1940TU , using Mobile Intel 945GM integrated graphics card. its a 14.1 widescreen laptop, resolution is 1280X768 60Hz , tried using uniws, updated to latest graphics driver cant work too. anyone has this problem too?

Probably your Video Card.

Can you give us more details on what happens?
Just doesnt start?
Crash's?
Low Fps?

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2006, 12:20 

im using my 3000+, 1,5 ram, gf 6800gt and i have always more than 28 fps without visual treatment....who needs this anyway ? looks artificial with that...motion blur only disturbs

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2006, 21:02 

I tried uniws, while it works, the max res I can set the game to run successfully is 2048x1536.... beyond that the game will fail to start.... I have a Dell 30", so I wanna run it at 2560x1600.... any idea?

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2006, 01:38 

Good day all. I'm shocked that Carbon doesn't support WS monitors and very upset.
I've tried the UniWS and renaming the exe to "speed2.exe"
I'm having the same problem as others: UniWS presents a window that says it found speed2.exe, but i cannot enter the resolutions in the boxes. In other words, i've followed all the helpful hints so far, but some of us are still unable to enter teh screen resolutions. To say this another way, UniWS wont allow the "patch" or "unpatch" options.
Any further ideas appreciated.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2006, 07:36 

Make sure you have clicked on the folder which contains the renamed "speed2.exe", before you try entering the custom res. I just did it on mine and it works fine.

Post subject: Drop Down Folders
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2006, 10:06 

Yes, that's just it. When i select the folder that "speed2.exe" is in (it's the default one anyway) (renamed from "nfsc.exe" to "speed2.exe") i get no option / ability to type in teh values for the X/Y resolution boxes. I am selecting NFSUnderground2 from the drop down as well. The only option available is to continue autosearching for speed2.exe (and of course that still doesnt help since speed2.exe was previously "found" by the patcher program). In other words, the folder can be selected but not the speed.exe file.
From the many times i've re-read carefully all the input and comments here, i really believe there are 2 scenarios: 1) Follow teh instructions given in prior posts and it works and 2) Follow the instructions but it doesnt work.
Whatever the variable is i would be interested in isolating. Perhaps the users of the release version "collectors editions" like i have are having the problems.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2006, 15:48 

The original version of Carbon cannot be patched with UniWs, only the cracked ones (Razor1911). It can be read in uniws that its working only with cracked ones. So who has original (like me), have to wait until a patch with widescreen support will be out. I hope EA will make one.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next