Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Oct 2024, 23:33

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2008, 22:21 

oh nvm. you guys don't want black bars you want just more screen over stretched ~_~

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2008, 22:24 
Founder
Founder

oh nvm. you guys don't want black bars you want just more screen over stretched ~_~

Not quite sure what you're getting at. But, if you set at 4:3, it may still stretch if your gfx/monitor combination can't do aspect scaling. The goal is to get Hor+ widescreen. The FOV hack listed on the previous page appears to do just that.

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2008, 01:44 

Anyone else having problems pillarboxing this game with GPU scaling (ATI card)? And should I make a separate thread for this question instead? :X

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2008, 02:51 
Founder
Founder

Anyone else having problems pillarboxing this game with GPU scaling (ATI card)? And should I make a separate thread for this question instead? :X

ATI is known to not support aspect scaling in it's drivers, at least historically. The consistent support of aspect scaling is one reason that the WSGF supports NVIDIA.

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2008, 03:40 

ye like i said. i originally thought you guys wanted to use black bars but ye it's impossible since that depends on video card.... ye ~'~

so someone said it somehow still stretches the units a little since wc3 doesn't support widescreens natively. is this true?

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2008, 04:20 
Founder
Founder

WC3 does not support WS natively. The registry hack only gives a stretch. This FOV hack aims to remove the stretch and make it Hor+. No one has done a Detailed Report with screenshots to prove the success.

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2008, 05:43 

This FOV hack aims to remove the stretch and make it Hor+. No one has done a Detailed Report with screenshots to prove the success.

What would the FOV have to do with the aspect ratio?

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2008, 06:22 

then what's the point. . . wc3 will stretch by itself even if you don't hack the registry

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2008, 13:40 
Founder
Founder

then what's the point. . . wc3 will stretch by itself even if you don't hack the registry

The point is that we need to get the information out there. If we don't put this information out there, then someone will go through the trouble of looking for a widescreen solution. They will then find the registry keys and think they've struck gold. They will do it, only to find it stretches. In this situation, our job is to get the information out there to prevent people from wasting there time.

And with Warcraft III, we actually went back and forth trying to figure out if it stretched. Due to the art style, it wasn't readily apparent almost five years ago. This game was the start of the widescreen comparison screenshots we use to prove widescreen support.

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2008, 05:34 

[quote]Anyone else having problems pillarboxing this game with GPU scaling (ATI card)? And should I make a separate thread for this question instead? :X

ATI is known to not support aspect scaling in it's drivers, at least historically. The consistent support of aspect scaling is one reason that the WSGF supports NVIDIA.

Oops, I must've missed new posts here. D:

ATI cards have GPU scaling starting from the X1k series with the...Cat 8.3's. It has been working great with all games except for this one. I even run it in Windowed mode and it's still stretched to a wide resolution (switching res in options then does nothing).

edit: X1k series from Cat 8.3+

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next