Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Oct 2024, 06:00

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Bioshock
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2007, 18:30 
Editors
Editors

What does that file do, then? (Or what did you suspect it did?)

And yeah, no worries.

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2007, 18:34 

What does that file do, then? (Or what did you suspect it did?)

And yeah, no worries.

I was trying to manually edit the Key bindings. As the in game key bindings seem to be messed up. :roll: I was unable to rebind A,R,H after unbinding everything as it said that they were reserved.

And I did not make a backup as what could go wrong by simply changing things like
A=StrafeLeft :roll:

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2007, 18:45 
Editors
Editors

Delete it. It will probably create a new one next time you start the game.

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2007, 18:51 

Delete it. It will probably create a new one next time you start the game.

Tried allready :/

It seems to be more then just a simple config, The file almost looks as if it has all the parameters for the game. Im talking things that you would expect to see such as hotkeys, graphics options all the way to stuff like how much damage guns do and stuff like that.

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2007, 18:53 

Paradigm Shifter - Thank you, thank you very much. The download links, and especially 'DownThemAll' - a real lifesaver!

I even signed up to a paying membership at fileplanet just in time! --- Just in time to see that they had pulled the damn demo!!!!!! Arrrrrghhhhh! Bloody gits!

However, now that you have saved my life, I shall still be able to play the demo, using the stuff you provided, so cheers matey! :D

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2007, 19:27 
Editors
Editors

Joseph - no worries. Glad to help; I've not even tried the demo yet. But Paddy was the one who posted the links. ;)

And I long ago swore that if I ever reached the stage where I was required to pay for downloading things like patches or worse, demos, that I was going to quit PC gaming.

And DownThemAll! has got to be one of the most useful little addons I've ever used. ;)

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2007, 19:38 

Yeah, I was reluctant to sign up, but I see that there are a few other things to play with on the site, so no great loss. Nice to see that the community has been keeping the demo up in various places. 8)

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2007, 20:00 
Editors
Editors

Initial thoughts on Bioshock, given the demo...

1) Runs really well on my gaming rig. Way better than I expected, given the skuttlebutt doing the rounds. Nice a smooth, even at 1920x1200 with everything at max. Of course, how that plays out to the full game is beyond me, given that I've had demos run beautifully, and the full game like shit... and vice versa. Obviously, no DX10.

2) Dark. Doom 3 levels of dark. That is quickly going to really piss me off. Dark is OK if you moderate it... but... someone give me a fecking flashlight!

3) Pretty. Obviously, this is with the graphics on max... but still. Pretty. If UT3 looks this good, I'll be impressed.

4) Standard Epic Games methods of getting into the console don't work. Hm...

5) Unless this demo really makes me go, "Oh my God, this is awesome..." very quickly, this will not be something I buy. Despite the graphics, I've not seen anything that really makes me say, "I want. I really, really want..." and it also has to overcome my dislike of Internet Activation. Which is a big, big hurdle - it took Half-Life 2 and some of my CS:S mad friends a hell of a long time to persuade me to try Steam for Half-Life 2... and while my Steam experience so far hasn't been a bad one, overall, it has left a bitter taste in my mouth and honestly, Half-Life 2 wasn't (in my opinion) as good as I was hoping it was going to be.

6) I've been looking forward to Bioshock for a while now (basically since I first saw a preview) and I'm... disappointed.

That's all that I can really say so far. I've not got all that far in the demo.

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2007, 21:00 
Editors
Editors

I'm ignoring your entire post and keeping my hopes high

:D

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2007, 21:02 

Initial thoughts on Bioshock, given the demo...

1) Runs really well on my gaming rig. Way better than I expected, given the skuttlebutt doing the rounds. Nice a smooth, even at 1920x1200 with everything at max. Of course, how that plays out to the full game is beyond me, given that I've had demos run beautifully, and the full game like shit... and vice versa. Obviously, no DX10.

2) Dark. Doom 3 levels of dark. That is quickly going to really piss me off. Dark is OK if you moderate it... but... someone give me a fecking flashlight!

3) Pretty. Obviously, this is with the graphics on max... but still. Pretty. If UT3 looks this good, I'll be impressed.

4) Standard Epic Games methods of getting into the console don't work. Hm...

5) Unless this demo really makes me go, "Oh my God, this is awesome..." very quickly, this will not be something I buy. Despite the graphics, I've not seen anything that really makes me say, "I want. I really, really want..." and it also has to overcome my dislike of Internet Activation. Which is a big, big hurdle - it took Half-Life 2 and some of my CS:S mad friends a hell of a long time to persuade me to try Steam for Half-Life 2... and while my Steam experience so far hasn't been a bad one, overall, it has left a bitter taste in my mouth and honestly, Half-Life 2 wasn't (in my opinion) as good as I was hoping it was going to be.

6) I've been looking forward to Bioshock for a while now (basically since I first saw a preview) and I'm... disappointed.

That's all that I can really say so far. I've not got all that far in the demo.
Interesting.

When I played it on my 360 my initial thoughts were of how well it plays out cinematically, and how great it was when the screen is pulled up and you see rapture for the first time.

That (and just that) persuaded me to buy it.

I just want the PC demo to see how well it runs and how prty is is ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next