Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Oct 2024, 21:34

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2008, 13:48 

So boys, have they patched all the bugs and poor performance yet? Maherie, what settings are you playing it on with yo systum?

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2008, 15:19 

With the new patch, i'm playing 1920x1080 all max (except sun quality and god rays @ medium) DX10 and 4xAA

Getting between 35 - 50 FPS

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2008, 17:24 

Latest patch was almost completely a graphics patch. Apparently it has increased performance by 50% for most users, and if you have an ATI 4800 series card with DX 10.1, well the latest patch put that to work too. Also, never forget Float32 to make the game look even better:

http://www.thefloatingpoint.org/main/news.php

(Only works well under DX10)

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2008, 19:20 

Ouch, have you patched to the latest?

I'll have a look at my PDA for missions stats next time in game.

You need a good detctor I have the vales detcor and have it out 99% of the time so that's how I do it.

I take my time, if a mission cancels it's fine with me but it it fails it makes me made. Where did you get your stuff knicked? in the garbage going down the steps to find Fang?

Yeah I patched to 1.5.07, I think I've got the vales detector, (the one with the circular dial at the top with green light direction indicators?) I've googled and it seems I'm not the only person having troubling getting artifacts, they seem to be popping out for some people but not me :(

As with the attach to belt option, do I need a better suit? as I only tried it with the first default suit and it wasn't an option, I've since sold my artifact and bought a new suit.

Sorry yes I got my stuff nicked at Garbage when I found Fang (if that was Fang). I still can't take screenshots! I'm thinking about starting over, if I'd known I was gonna get mugged I would have stashed my stuff!

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2008, 23:34 

Latest patch was almost completely a graphics patch. Apparently it has increased performance by 50% for most users, and if you have an ATI 4800 series card with DX 10.1, well the latest patch put that to work too. Also, never forget Float32 to make the game look even better:

I did a quick search on Float32, I saw two screen comparisons and couldn't pick the difference.

Does it increase performance?

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2008, 08:38 
Editors
Editors

So boys, have they patched all the bugs and poor performance yet? Maherie, what settings are you playing it on with yo systum?

I'm playing it on 1680x1050 but everything ramped right up. I think I could even go the 1920x1200 on maxed out too since the patch its been heaps faster. I never dip below 40fps.

Float looks good upclose on things, not really on far away (except sun related stuff) But as reported and said above, it's done wonders for me.

[quote]Ouch, have you patched to the latest?

I'll have a look at my PDA for missions stats next time in game.

You need a good detctor I have the vales detcor and have it out 99% of the time so that's how I do it.

I take my time, if a mission cancels it's fine with me but it it fails it makes me made. Where did you get your stuff knicked? in the garbage going down the steps to find Fang?

Yeah I patched to 1.5.07, I think I've got the vales detector, (the one with the circular dial at the top with green light direction indicators?) I've googled and it seems I'm not the only person having troubling getting artifacts, they seem to be popping out for some people but not me :(

As with the attach to belt option, do I need a better suit? as I only tried it with the first default suit and it wasn't an option, I've since sold my artifact and bought a new suit.

Sorry yes I got my stuff nicked at Garbage when I found Fang (if that was Fang). I still can't take screenshots! I'm thinking about starting over, if I'd known I was gonna get mugged I would have stashed my stuff!

The main places I look are around things that kill you. Electric spikes, and those invisible balls that explode you when you go near them... odd you can't seem to find them.

You do get your stuff back from the bandits, there's a mission right after it happens, it's the money you can't get back. I only just got mugged and lost 37K but hey, that's part of the game. When I play it again I'm going to add the mod that makes then not take your money, because when you get in the Aarogram you needs loads of ammo and money I find.

I can't take screenshots without fraps. Download it or if you can't find it let me know I'll show you where to find it.

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2008, 11:21 

I am going to buy this! Bring it on.

Where is that Ebay link?

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2008, 11:47 

I love the game, and gameplay, but I still get BSODs in Cordon sometimes.... really weird, tried everything to fix it, but so far nothing.

^^ I know BSODs are usually hardware related, but i checked all temps, and everything possible and this is the only application/game that causes them. So.... yes the latest patch fixes most bugs/performance issues, but don't expect the game to be 100% stable. I'd say i'm in the minority, so 99% of systems would work fine.

For info, my system is a Q9450, 8800gt, 4gb ram, Vista 64bit

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2008, 13:26 

Oh baby, I am so keen for this, my system will eat it all up by the sounds of it, like fat kid on a cup cake, eat it aaaaaaaallllllllll up.

I wonder if there are mods for it yet?

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2008, 13:32 

I wonder if there are mods for it yet?

Float32 is a mod :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next