Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 11 Oct 2024, 17:34

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2008, 22:48 
Editors
Editors

Courtesy of the french fansite http://www.l4d.fr/?p=143 :)

3840x1024

Like all Valve games (CS:S, HL², Portal, etc.), Left 4 Dead supports widescreen resolutions. We were delighted to play it at 3840x1024 through Matrox TripleHead2Go, using an Asus EN8800 Ultra and three 19" LG Flatron monitors (2ms, 2000:1). This system expands (not stretches!) the picture allowing for a wider field of view with no slowdowns (thanks to the Source engine).

Comme tous les jeux de Valve (CS:S, HL², Portal, etc.), Left 4 Dead ne déroge pas à la règle et supporte les grandes résolution. C’est donc avec grand plaisir que nous avons pu y jouer en 3840*1024 grâce au système TripleHead2Go de Matrox, couplé à une Asus EN8800 Ultra sur trois écrans 19″ LG Flatron (2ms, 2000:1). Ce système permet d’étendre la vue (et pas d’étirer l’image!), on voit réellement en format grand angle et sans ralentissements (merci au moteur Source).

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2008, 00:35 
Insiders
Insiders

Unfortunately the console command
Code:
cl_crosshairscale ####
is gone. I really hope they bring it back when the full game is released because that crosshair is ridiculously huge, especially with the shotgun.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2008, 09:06 
Insiders
Insiders

I was surprised to find the crosshair way too large, usually other Source games don't have this problem...

Also the UI needs to desperately be on the middle monitor, any takers for this? I would love to help but last time I edited the hudscript.res for PVKII it was one huge trial-and-error since I couldn't find any tutorials which explained how the position values were calculated.

If someone could just chime in with that, I would quickly whip up a fixed huscript.res for this.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2008, 10:40 
Insiders
Insiders

Source games always have trouble with the crosshair being too big, that's why we are having this problem. It's just that in every other game using the Source engine there has been a handy console command that let you set a custom size for the crosshair. This game doesn't have that command it seems, I wont give up hope until Valve says they wont put it back in because I'm pretty sure they will be updating the game constantly after its release.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2008, 00:45 

one good thing though is you can max out the game and it runs really smooth with th2g and looks awesome :D

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2008, 01:02 
Editors
Editors

Hi guys ...
I have made a centre screen HUD for the Left 4 Dead demo ... look here ... http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/#comment-

Unfortunately I can't find a way to change the size of the crosshair ... :(