Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Oct 2024, 19:18

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2009, 21:40 

Hey all,

Newcomer from PCGames.

I read through a lot of old threads on this issue just so I wasn't making a newbie mistake by asking this, but I still feel like it's necessary. Could anyone help me in activating created custom resolutions?

I wanted to give this thing a try on a single monitor, long story short, I can create and test custom resolutions but they don't appear in the "change resolution" box. I've read of a similar problem with 200 series cards but I've got a 9800GTX+ so I'm a little curious, considering my card is built on the 8-series that seems to have no problem.

Should I just try the 182.50 drivers? Or is my problem different?

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2009, 02:46 
Insiders
Insiders

When in doubt might as well try 182.50. Yes, your GPU is G92 based, but you're also having custom resolution setting issues? Have you checked your display against the list of displays that work and don't work?

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2009, 03:13 

The display works fine; when it tests the resolution everything happens as it should. It crops the bottom and top half of the screen and I've got a bar in the middle for my screen, which is what I was going for. However, after I create a custom resolution I can't select it from the Change Resolution page.

Guess I'll try those drivers and post here when I figure it out; and thanks.

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2009, 03:25 

That is, I would if I could find them. Guru3D is down, and I'm not having any luck finding the x64 drivers through google.

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2009, 18:04 

Find the driver here.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2009, 12:04 

Dont use the nVidia Change Resolution dialog box for a start, use the Windows Display Settings (in Control Panel). Under the "Advanced" menu of Display Settings unsure your Monitor type correct (Triplehead2Go if you have one, otherwise Generic PNP will likely work ok) and remove the tick box on "Hide modes this monitor cannot display".

I have found certain nVidia drivers have to be removed and reinstalled repeatedly to get them to simply allow any Custom Resolution to appear in the Custom Resolutions selection box. You can test them fine, but it doesnt add them. Better to start on a driver that is known to work!