Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Oct 2024, 14:28

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2009, 02:39 

Well it's about time I got a picture up.

Deke:)

Yes, those are Oreos...

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2009, 02:46 
Editors
Editors

Looks great, specially the oreos 8)

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2009, 03:08 

what adapter did you use to connect the displayport?

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2009, 03:56 

Hey Doc,

I got the one from sewell (made by accell), it's the same ting as the one dell makes, bizlink, etc... The Active Adapter that gets power from a USB port.

Deke :)

Sorry Thales oreos all gone now.

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2009, 04:26 

well i'm glad to hear yours works... i have the dell one (bizlink) and i'm having some issues. THe monitor hooked up via the adapter is constantly blinking on and off... like it loses the connection. I know its not the monitor. It only occurrs when i run in eyefinity mode... 2 or 3 monitor mode. it doesnt happen during safemode. It leads me to believe it may be a driver issue. Maybe a reinstall of windows is in order... i did have a gtx295 installed before uninstalling that and installing my 5870.

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2009, 22:41 

well i'm glad to hear yours works... i have the dell one (bizlink) and i'm having some issues. THe monitor hooked up via the adapter is constantly blinking on and off... like it loses the connection. I know its not the monitor. It only occurrs when i run in eyefinity mode... 2 or 3 monitor mode. it doesnt happen during safemode. It leads me to believe it may be a driver issue. Maybe a reinstall of windows is in order... i did have a gtx295 installed before uninstalling that and installing my 5870.

I get the same thing whenever there's a "resolution change," or a black screen. Basically, it's going in and out of the desktop and games. The monitor picks it up as an incorrect frequency or resolution, then soft locks on the warning. I clear it up by turning the monitor on and off. Presto, it's good enough until something can be figured out!

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2009, 04:53 
Editors
Editors

Looks nice and clean. Greats on joining the eyefinity club.

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2009, 14:36 

Pretty cool to see a setup identical to mine (3xLG L227's as well!)

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2009, 14:56 

Pretty cool to see a setup identical to mine (3xLG L227's as well!)

Cool, I really wanted to get some Dell's but they didn't have 3 refurbs at the time I ordered, yes these 3 are refurbs, you wouldn't have noticed it from the condition they're in, all like brand new, only 1 of them has 1 dead pixel, but unless you know where it is and the color is dark you never even notice it.

OK the reason I got refurbs is that I plan on modding these soon to eliminate the bezels in between as much as possible, I'll let ya know how it goes if your interested.

Have you decided to go the ATI way or are you TH2G?

Deke:)

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2009, 17:15 

Well, I've only ever been on an ATi solution because I was moving from a 4850 to 5870 in any case.

At the moment I've gone back to the 4850 and TH2Go. I don't mind so much now, the new hysteria of the 5870 has died a little (I must admit, I was caught in the frenzy somewhat, hence my eager day one purchase!)

I might take another look at Eyefinity when the 5870x2 is released. It has to work with the TH2Go though, as that is staying no matter what :)

These LG's are great monitors. I bought my first one last year and this year when I decided to go triple wide I was delighted to find the model still for sale. I wouldn't have been truly happy with mis-matched monitors.