Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Oct 2024, 10:38

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: borderlands on THTG
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2011, 09:54 
Editors
Editors

My apologies if I got it wrong. I just didn't want Mobster to think there was only Eyefinity voodoo at work here...

PM sent.

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2011, 22:32 
Insiders
Insiders

http://www.mediafire.com/?fc6zbyij18r2o6v

Try and report findings....

GUI fix is removed just for the moment.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2011, 03:44 
Insiders
Insiders

I'd love to use that program but I'm getting a "The program can't start because MSVCP100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem" error. I checked my system 32 folder. The file is there.

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2011, 04:05 
Insiders
Insiders

I'd love to use that program but I'm getting a "The program can't start because MSVCP100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem" error. I checked my system 32 folder. The file is there.

You need to install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable, availible from microsofts website... i'd expect its already installed on most machines.

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2011, 04:18 
Insiders
Insiders

I did that, and I'm still having the problem. Also the file is in my system 32 folder and has been there since March 2010. On a whim I copied it up one folder to my windows directory and the error changed to a 0xx000007b error. Are you sure your fix is compatible with 64 bit Windows 7?

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2011, 04:20 
Insiders
Insiders

It was developed on Windows 7 64bit :)

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2011, 14:08 
Insiders
Insiders

I finally got it to work. After installing and reinstalling the 64 bit redistributable I tried installing the 32 bit redistributable. That is what made it work, which personally makes no sense to me since I have a 64 bit operating system.

During my extensive googling around I found most results where from people who actually made these programs and got this error. The most common suggestion was to include the redistributable in your program and install it silently.

Also:
Looking for Borderlands.....[FAIL]

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2011, 14:19 
Insiders
Insiders

I assume you are running Borderlands after running and setting the values in the console app? eg. its going to continue to say fail until borderlands is actually running...

Code:

wtemp = L"Borderlands";
      HWND hwnd = 0;
      while (hwnd == 0) {
      hwnd = FindWindow(0,wtemp);
           }

that loop is looking for a window named "Borderlands" - Im using steam version here.... check task manager, whats the "image name" and "descrption" fields say for the borderlands process.

Doesnt have to run in windowed mode, just for demo purposes.. obv, you cant see the app when borderlands is runnin...

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2011, 15:12 
Insiders
Insiders

Oh, I didn't realize the fix did memory editing. I thought it was looking for the Borderlands folder and couldn't find it because it isn't on my C: drive.

The fix works great, I love it. Actually being able to see what I'm doing when driving a vehicle is quite nice.

The only things that could really be improved are the menus before loading a game and the pickup icons that pop up when close enough to ammo (they are squished). I have not tested extensively so I don't know if the weapon popup icons are squished too.

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2011, 12:32 

HaYDeN, Great to see a fellow New Zealander on the forums here! :D

I have been seeing alot of your eyefinity fixes floating arround lately (bulletstorm, monday night combat etc).

I Hope to see a full release of your fix for this game, as I am a fan of it. I downloaded and tested the current version of your fix available here.

Have to admit that I sorely missed the GUI fux in there. Not having the hud on center screen is one of my pet hates. ( I have been working with Delphuim to fix this in multiple source engine games)

I assume/think that the lack of GUI fix is whats causing most of the problems i found (stretching in the pick up icons etc.) screens below where you can see these things.

Would love to test any further versions comming out, might send you a pm about testing sometime soon.

Some screens to show how it looked for me. Was running it at 6000x1080. (windowed)

Hope its not far away!

Cheers,
Cullanna

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next