Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Oct 2024, 16:29

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: 28 Feb 2010, 07:15 

[quote]Yeah I know, I wondered if he would fess up!

Maybe if he brought it they would have more money to pay more devs to get all these things working at release!

He'll probably say he already preordered or will be getting it eventually but he just COULD NOT WAIT 3 FREAKING DAYS because gamers have the patience of a fruit fly.

Of course they contribute to piracy stats the companies base decisions on and they leech to real pirates, hurting our ENTIRE platform, but none of that matters because OMG I NEED TO PLAY IT NOW DOOD!

Pirating is so PASSAE, which is good. It's like being a junkie, might be cool around your junkie friends, but no one else on the planet will respect you.

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2010, 07:46 

Who cares where I got it. The fact is that people complained awhile back that the FOV was wrong and the best EA/DICE can do is promise a future patch.

But the excuse is that the lead idiot (designer) thinks wide FOV's are just for cheating.

It shows you what a bunch of yes-men you have in QA/game testing. Not one of those bucketheads complained that the game played like having 1 eye closed.

Has anyone heard of review copies? :wink:

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2010, 07:53 
Insiders
Insiders

Lucky you!

But I don't think I am a yes man and have had no problems with the FoV. It feels a little tight but I got used to it very quickly.

The lead said you won't be able to do 200 or so didn't he? I can't find the quote.

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2010, 09:30 

Who cares where I got it. The fact is that people complained awhile back that the FOV was wrong and the best EA/DICE can do is promise a future patch.

But the excuse is that the lead idiot (designer) thinks wide FOV's are just for cheating.

It shows you what a bunch of yes-men you have in QA/game testing. Not one of those bucketheads complained that the game played like having 1 eye closed.

Right, back on topic.

Ok, so there is no slider for FOV or way to choose at all? Hmmmmmmmm, after that intoduction video said that FOV will be selectable and all. THE FOV could do with a bit wider 4sure!

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2010, 09:44 
Insiders
Insiders

If it is not in the release it will be patched in! However did you really get that annoyed by it in the BETA, we certainly ain't talking about FoV 55!

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2010, 09:57 

I care where you got it because this is a product that I have on order. Sure it'd be nice to get a free copy but not a lot of us have that kind of luxury. And "review copies" are for those who are reviewing the game for publication. If that's the case, where's your review site and article?

There is no excuse as far as I know with regards to FOV being used for cheating. They have worked with AMD and nvidia to support multi-monitor gaming in order to appropriately support the proper view when using this unique setup. They have also mentioned that the FOV will be adjustable to a limit so that those who find the FOV to be unsatisfactory can set it to their preference. All of the info has already been posted in forums (on the EA UK site, where they are more active on) or on Twitter.

If that's the only complaint you have, then I don't know why you're still complaining about it. Support for FOV adjustment will come soon. So what else is there to complain about?

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2010, 13:17 

Who cares where I got it.

Me, you're screwing with my platform.

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2010, 14:49 

Sorry if it's already been discussed, but does anyone know if/when steam will allow people to pre-load battlefield bad company 2?

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2010, 20:19 
Insiders
Insiders

It is not known yet. However EA Store has already started pre-loads.

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2010, 04:21 

Pre-loads on Steam is a bit iffy right now as I type this up. On Twitter, repi mentioned that they are working on the pre-load now. Other tweets indicated that they had to resolve some issues with the installation so it's basically on the final stretch.

On similar subject, there are questions as to whether this game will have its unlock time moved up or sit the way it is. People have calculated that the unlock/availability time for the game is set at 6PM EST which is quite late given how people can walk into a GameStop to pick up their pre-order on midnight. That'd pretty much would be a kick in the nuts for those who pre-ordered thru Steam if their unlock time remain as it is. I'd like to be able to play it on midnight as well... but it doesn't seem all that fair if I cannot play the game 'till 6P EST when others can legitimately start playing at 12:15AM on March 2nd.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 24  Next