Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Sep 2024, 10:34

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2010, 08:39 

Any chance you can send it to me? I have tried now for 30 minutes to download it from fliespamfactory and the link just sends me to more spam crap... Since the mods have yet to host it, I can from one of my own sites if you want, making it a little less painful and spam free having a direct link. Also, for future reference you might want to .zip the file since spam sites like that can easily hijack your executable.
Thanks,
Dan

Edit: Never mind, I'm looking for a FOV fix for Call of Duty:Modern Warfare (Not part 2), thanks.
I really am getting blind in my old(er) age :P

You can change th fov in modern warfare to whatever you want via the console except in mp where it is capped to 80 and anything above this will be detected by punkbuster.

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2010, 10:33 

You can change the fov in modern warfare to whatever you want via the console except in mp where it is capped to 80 and anything above this will be detected by punkbuster.

Thanks, got it working. Kind of dumb how we have to reset the FOV in MW - 1 every level we start. I just figured out I bought something I had long ago (MW1), but also bought Modern Warfare 2 and just installed it. From the screenshots it looks like the FOV is better so will report back if I need further assistance. Thanks!

PS. I finally got the file from fileshack. So will give it a whirl soon as it finishes installing.

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2010, 11:04 

[quote]You can change the fov in modern warfare to whatever you want via the console except in mp where it is capped to 80 and anything above this will be detected by punkbuster.

Thanks, got it working. Kind of dumb how we have to reset the FOV in MW - 1 every level we start. I just figured out I bought something I had long ago (MW1), but also bought Modern Warfare 2 and just installed it. From the screenshots it looks like the FOV is better so will report back if I need further assistance. Thanks!

PS. I finally got the file from fileshack. So will give it a whirl soon as it finishes installing.
You have to change the fov every time you start a new level? I don't have mw1 installed at the min but i'm pretty sure you can add it into the config file so no need to keep changing it.

I don't think my mw2 changer will work anymore as the game has been updated since then, if not let me know and i'll knock up a new one.

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2010, 11:09 

[quote][quote]You can change the fov in modern warfare to whatever you want via the console except in mp where it is capped to 80 and anything above this will be detected by punkbuster.

You have to change the fov every time you start a new level? I don't have mw1 installed at the min but i'm pretty sure you can add it into the config file so no need to keep changing it.

I don't think my mw2 changer will work anymore as the game has been updated since then, if not let me know and i'll knock up a new one.

Ok, so now I have the FOV program and read through the thread here a couple of times. I think I need directions since none are mentioned anywhere and it doesn't seem to work.
I start it, the screen shows the box for desired fov with 90 entered, and there is an About button and an Exit button.

Am I suppose to just start this then the game? Do I start the game then this? Am I suppose to put this in the folder of the games root folder?
It looks like it works great by the pictures, but ashame there isn't at least a read me for people like me that am obviously not up to speed on what I am suppose to automatically know here.

I have tried every scenerio I can think of and my FOV hasn't changed. I am running @ 5040x1050 but doing so from the game options since it is in there so didn't need to use the Widescreen Fixer App.

Edit: No worries on the config, I can do that but since I found I already played that version I won't be playing it any time soon and will now move on with the new. What I meant was that using the console command it seemed to reset after moving to the second mission and it set back to 65. Also it was because I did as you said and did it through the console. I looked in the config but there wasn't anyway to do it that was understandble for me (I'd need something easy like "POV=X")
Thanks though.

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2010, 13:14 

Its been a long time since I tweaked the mw1 config but I'm pretty sure you can add the command/setting to it i.e cg_fov 90 or something similar.

As for instructions post number 3 of this thread says what to do once the game is running just press semi-colon ';' and you will hear a ding sound to indicate you activating it.

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2010, 22:47 

Its been a long time since I tweaked the mw1 config but I'm pretty sure you can add the command/setting to it i.e cg_fov 90 or something similar.

Ahh, ok, I thought the setting would already be in the config to modify, such as already having the default entry of cg_fov 65 and I couldn't find that to edit. I never thought of adding a new entry, that was my problem, thanks.

As for instructions post number 3 of this thread says what to do once the game is running just press semi-colon ';' and you will hear a ding sound to indicate you activating it.

This still isn't working for me, however I do get the ding sound after pressing ; I just don't get any change in game. I tried at 90 and other settings also but once in game there isn't any change at all. The pictures show that you are also using Widescreen Fixer, was that only before the patch? Because I just bought the retail DVD and it's running steam (I imagine they all do) and appears to be already patched. The 5040x1050 res is already in there. Not sure what I'm doing wrong here but any help is of course appreciated.
Thanks,
Dan

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2010, 22:56 

Its probably broken as the game has been updated i'll make a new one and upload the link in a day or so.